Stay in Montague House Central Southwold Holiday House in Southwold, Suffolk
Montague House was once the family home of George Orwell, and he lived there himself for much of his life. The most notable instance of this was in 1935 when he composed ‘A Clergyman’s Daughter’. Conveniently located on Southwold High Street, Montague House offers light, spacious, and cosy rooms for families looking to be based in the centre of this gorgeous seaside town.
Southwold Central ? The properties located in central Southwold are all within minutes of the market place, with the Red Lion pub and Swan Hotel all within easy walking distance. Furthermore, the local delicatessen, butchers and greengrocers are all also easily accessible, as is the Southwold promenade. Quick access is also available to the beach, lighthouse and harbour, along with the ferry to Walberswick (Summer only).
Montague House Southwold Holiday House in Southwold, Suffolk Details:
- Bedroom 1: Double bed
- Bedroom 2: Double bed
- Bathroom: Roll top bath, washbasin and wc
- Shower Room: Shower cubicle, washbasin and wc
- Bedroom 3: Single bed
- Bedroom 4: Single bed, pull-out bed
- Sitting Room: TV, DVD, iPod dock with Bluetooth, electric fire
- Kitchen: Electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher.
- Dining Room: Table and chairs
- Bathroom: Corner bath with overbath shower, washbasin and wc
- Parking: Roadside (please note that there is no parking directly outside the property)
- Heating: Gas heating
- Garden: Pretty rear garden with furniture
- Notes: Wi-fi and towels provided. Cot and highchair available to use